“We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us,” Sir Winston Churchill 1943
History tells us that the main lodge “Fiskerhuset” was built around the turn of the 19th century, although there is strong evidence showing human presence at the farm since the early 15th century, with a strong line of ownership since the 17th century.
The owner at that time, Knut Tobiason Bu (who later changed his surname to Osen) used local craftsmen to build the main house into the style and design it has even today.
He moved his family from Hardanger to take over the farm in Osen at the end of the 1890’s. He and his wife Ingeborg had a daughter Marta who was later married to one of the craftsmen, Per Hjertenes.
He and Marta then became the next owners of Osen until his death in 1952. It was from his granddaughter Marit Hjertenes, who took ownership of Osen in 1963, that the existing owner Hans Terje Anonsen, incidentally born in 1952, took ownership on the 31st of December 1999.
The style of the house has not changed from its original design. During the last 20+ years, the Anonsen’s have committed to restoring this gallant house to its old fame, all the while adding where necessary to improve this little piece of paradise.
We are proud of the results so far and are committed to continuing to maintain and improve this magnificent country house and destination.